


My sweet Charlie bear had a rough weekend. Friday he had a really bad cough and was coughing well into the night after he went to bed. So I woke him up to give him a cough suppressant and he was clearly running a fever. So I gave him some children's ibuprofen too. Saturday he seemed ok until the early evening when he started burning up again. Then he broke out in a bad rash all over his body. We assumed he was having an allergic reaction (it happens a lot) and gave him some benedryl. Sunday morning the rash was completely gone and he seemed fine. I decided to keep him home from church just to be safe. And then out of no where he was super hot (temperature was 103.7) and within 45 minutes broke into a rash again, but worse than before. Bob had to speak in a different ward an hour and a half away, and wouldn't answer his phone, so I called the nurse hotline and they recommended to take him to the emergency room. Long story short, he has pneumonia and basically had an allergic reaction to the infection that was in his lungs. My poor guy is doing much better now, but it was quite a stressful weekend for all of us!
7 comments:
Your poor little guy! I bet that was breaking your heart to see him so sick! Hope he's feeling better.
Poor guy! I hope he's feeling better soon!
Yuck! I am so sorry.
Holy cow! Hope he is on the mends, poor guy!
That does not look fun. So sorry!
Poor guy! That sounds horrible! I didn't hear any of this, darn Morgan! I hope things are better now for you and him! When I first saw the pictures, I thought it was chicken pox until I read on.
Wow! I had no idea that could even happen. Good to know. Sorry that it had to be Charlie for me to learn it though. Poor lil' guy.
Post a Comment