Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter



We have had an exciting Easter weekend! Last night a storm blew in and we had tons of golfball size hail. They were enormous and totally dented Bob's truck. I love a good storm, but the hail made me nervous. I thought we were gonna lose a window! Shortly after that, right before bedtime, Rex somehow managed to fall on the corner of our step into our kitchen and cut his head open. He bled pretty good for a while and we were agonizing over whether we should take him to the ER or not. He probably could have used a stitch or two, but we decided to stick it out at home. I kept asking him how to spell his name and what different animal sounds were to make sure he was ok....and he was perfect. "E-R-X!" (We're still working on that, but right then I knew he was ok, because that's how he spells it!) I was pretty stressed all night worrying about internal bleeding, concussions, the cut starting to bleed in the middle of the night, you name it I thought it. But I am much better today. He's gonna survive. And I am sure this is the first of many more injuries to come...

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Ouch that is a nasty cut! You should have called us. Nathaniel has gotten good at fixing banged up heads. :) Nicholas' bled forever too. Our dr's office said not to give tylenol and motrin because it can mask the symptoms of a nuerological problem and to watch closely for 48 hours. Online I read that no motrin unless dr has examined him and said to use it. Hope he feels better soon!

larshannon said...

Or, you can always superglue it together. It works wonderfully!

He didn't seem any worse for the wear today.

Jaimie said...

He was still going strong in nursery, so he must not have hit it too hard :) He did bump his head on the chalkboard, so hopefully it wasn't the same spot! Good luck, and hopefully it won't break open with another tumble. Don't let the boys wrestle :)

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Wow, what a hail storm. I miss Texas thunderstorms...all but the hail:)

That is a nastier little cut than I had imagined! I am glad he is doing ok.

Morgan said...

KATIE!! That kid needed stitches! I'm calling CPS as soon as I finish typing this.

Brimaca said...

He's tough! He didn't seem to mind it at church other than when he bonked his head as Jaimie mentioned. Poor buddy.

hmilne said...

First glance at those pics and I thought the golf ball size hail hit rex in the head...glad he is okay!