Wednesday, December 9, 2009

california!

I got to go visit my sister in Southern California this weekend! We had so much fun! There were several trips to In N Out Burger and we spent a whole day at Disneyland by ourselves! My awesome husband and mother in law kept my kids entertained while I was gone... it was such a great weekend. Morgan even made homemade eggrolls and preacher pie on Sunday! What a treat! Thanks Morgan and Scottie!
Me and Morgan at Space Mountain.
Us in the front row at the Tower of Terror. This was my favorite ride!

Me and Sophie enjoying a HUGE bowl of Lucky Charms... ok, she may not have eaten much, but don't judge, I was on vacation. Don't you just love her! She is such a cutie pie.

The trip home was a completely different kind of fun.... I got to DFW airport in Dallas on Monday afternoon and my connecting flight to Midland kept getting pushed back due to bad weather and finally they cancelled it. So I stayed in Dallas overnight at a hotel and they got me on a flight the next morning. The next morning we all waited and waited and waited (in the same stinky clothes) for our flight. And once again it got cancelled due to bad weather. No rental cars. Next flight out was Wednesday. Yuck. I was almost in tears. I was tired and badly wanted some clean underwear. Here's the crazy part. I was standing there trying to figure out what to do when a nice couple asked if I wanted to ride the FIVE hours with them and another random dude to Midland. My instincts told me that they were harmless and I just wanted to get home. So I hopped in! This typically would be absolutely insane for me to do...but they really were super nice and very kind. Anyway, long story short, I am home and really don't want to go back to DFW for a long long time! (Thank you so much Cheryl for helping me with my boys when I was stuck in Dallas!!)

3 comments:

Mel said...

All I can say is it's SUCH a blessing that you didn't have the boys with you. Can you imagine???

Morgan said...

I'm so glad you came! :) I feel like somehow, your horrible trip home is all my fault! Oh yeah, and guess what? I found my drivers license and debit card. Whew!

larshannon said...

That is a great story...especially since I'm not living it. I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be though.