Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten



Today is Rex's first day of Kindergarten! I cannot believe that my baby Rex is old enough to be in school. I got choked up last night thinking about him being gone ALL DAY long! What am I going to do without my little helper? He is such a genuine, sweet child. And a little part of me feels like I am sending him to the wolves...but he has to grow up sometime, right? We love this kid so much. We are so grateful that he is in our family. His teacher is LUCKY to have him in her class this year!

As I am typing this, I am fighting the urge to go park my car by the playground just to watch him play at recess... I am dying to know how his first day is going!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I forgot your lil guy was starting kinder, hope they day goes well!

larshannon said...

I totally feel you. I really, really want to just watch today and my kids aren't Kindergarteners...

Cassie said...

I'm with ya - I'm counting down the minutes till I get to pick her up. I got really sad last night too, realizing that my time with her at home is OVER. I miss her. But like you said - they gotta grow up!!

Brimaca said...

Third day and I'm still struggling. I miss my little guy. Hopefully you are doing better than I am. :)