Monday, November 26, 2007

Rex's Bonfire Helmet

Ok, so Bob found his old Bonfire helmet from his old days at A&M and now Rex is obsessed with it. As you can see, he never takes it off, even during his bath. It's so cute how he just walks around with this gigantic thing on his head.





I had a hard time sleeping last night...I kept thinking that if I fell asleep and went into labor I wouldn't realize it and then I would end up having the baby at home...I kept myself awake thinking about silly things like, what should you do with the umbilical cord?? Would Bob be able to think clearly to deliver the baby?? Would the ambulance get here in time?? Would extra-strength Exedrin Migraine work in place of an epidural?? Did I shave my legs this morning?? I obviously know it's silly to think of things like that, but I can't help it. I just hope I go into labor during the day when everyone is awake and can think clearly.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

1) I gaurantee you would know if you were going into labor. The pain would probably be intense enough to wake you up. Maybe not.

2) Exedrine migraine wouldn't probably work, but a giant bowl of ice cream might. Especially if you eat it so fast you get brain freeze. The brain freeze might transfer down there if you know what I mean.

3) The benefit of being at home is the kitchen is right there, so as soon as Charlie is born, Bob could go fry up the placenta for you for breakfast.

Way to go with updating the blog already kit!!

indeazgirl said...

Whoever Morgan is is a little bit sick. But funny. :o)
Rex looks so so cute in that bonfire helmet.
And I laughed so much at the Excedrin Migraine substituting for an epidural. How fast was your last labor anyways? :o)

Bertie said...

HAHA- Morgan- you made me throw up in my mouth a little when I read what you wrote about the placenta! LOL- totally disgusting!

Yes- you will definitely know when labor hits if you are sleeping! All mine have happened in the middle of the night - you can definitely tell a difference. I can't wait for you!!

Rex looks so flippin' cute in that bonfire helmet! It is great!

Mel said...

An update! And not even at gunpoint! I'm impressed. Keep it coming. I know you've got a lot more cute pictures hiding on your computer, in all those organized files. It's fun to read up and stay connected with everyone!

shannon said...

Rex is so cute! Word on the street is your bloggin now! Congrats and welcome! Good luck with the upcoming addition!