Saturday, March 28, 2009

the H.O.G.G.


I survived the HOGG 10k run!

A cold front blew in on Friday night, so it was a nippy 28 degrees, with a wind chill of 19 degrees, when we started the race. That made things interesting... when I got out of the car, I seriously considered getting back in and driving home. It was dang cold. Anyway, even with the cold and wind, my friend, Jenny and I ran the whole thing!

We didn't stick around for the awards ceremony or anything, but when we got home, Jenny's brother called and told us we should have stayed because I got first place in my age category (age 20-29). We thought it was a mean joke at first, but apparently he is bringing me my gold medal! Crazy! Was I the ONLY person in my age group?? I have no idea how many there actually were, but hey, I'll take it!

15 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

WOW! That will never happen to me, so well done!

K and Em said...

That is awesome- congrats!!

Tonya said...

Congrats, Cuz! That's quite an accomplishment!

Mel said...

Did you eat a few brownies before the race? Maybe that explains it!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

cue song...Did I ever know that you are my hero....!

Anonymous said...

Gratz!

Maddock Family said...

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!! You both look so great.

Brimaca said...

That's awesome!!! Great job!

Polson Family said...

Congrats on winning the gold medal, very impressive. I don't even think I could have finished the race.

Danielle said...

Way to go. You are my inspiration. We are shooting for a 10k in October. Hopefully we will make it. Are you going to do the 5k here in May?

Elsha said...

Dude. You're my hero.

indeazgirl said...

OH MY GOSH!! That's incredible. Nice job! I can't believe it was so cold!

Steph said...

Rock on!

shannon said...

Holy cow! Your awesome! Congrats, what a great thing to accomplish!

Ally said...

That's awesome, Katie!!!!! Good for you!!