Saturday, June 21, 2008
under house arrest
For those of you who know me well...you'll be amazed that I was even capable of downloading this picture onto my computer. That's right, my loving husband Bob came home from his bicycle ride and told me to come outside and bring Rex. We go outside and he opens his water bottle and out comes this furry little monster. Rex actually didn't freak out, but his mama was not a happy camper. So then Bob tells me that he wants to keep him as a pet. I throw a fit and he decides to let him loose in the front yard. I begged him to at least take him down the street and put him in a yard down there, but he wouldn't, and I wasn't about to touch that thing. So needless to say, I'm now under house arrest. I cannot possibly go outside under any circumstances not knowing where this enormous beast is hiding. And to freak me out even more, my sister Morgan said, "I bet it has already had some babies in your car." Great, so now I can't drive either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is DISGUSTING!!! I can't believe Bob did that. And I was just kidding about the tarantula having babies in your car... no, no I'm not. The babies have probably already been born and the momma tarantula has probably already strapped one of her baby tarantulas in Rex's car seat.
Don't worry Katie... they are harmless... Colt holds them when ever he sees them... they don't bite... but even then I would not want one in my house for a pet.
An hour has past since you told me to check out your blog and I am still up feeling like something is crawling on me or something is on my ceiling! Thanks for the night full of arachnid nightmares!!!!
Nasty! Now we'll never be able to do a playdate at your house!
Holy Spider Man- that thing is HUGE!!! I don't blame you- I'd put myself under house arrest too!
WOW! I know I am not sacred of spiders, but that one maybe... Carianne just blogged about the snakes at her house. What is up with Texas and creepy-crawlies? It is too hot here for anything to survive, luckily!
ahhh! I'm totally getting shivers. I would way rather have one in a closed container where I can watch it than in my yard where I might STEP ON IT!!
ahhh!!!!!
Oh, you poor thing!! I had the same fear while we were in Texas. I actually had one scamper across the road in front of the stroller as we were out walking. Talk about one freaked out mom. I say "scamper" because they remind me of rodents. ICK!!
Between that and the rattle snake I found in our backyard last summer, I'm too terrified to let Katelyn play on her swing set. By the way, I love, love, love my hair. She did an awesome job, and it was so cheap! Thank you.
Rachel
We found one at the park on Sat. Tara FREAKED out, but the boys thought it was cool. They really aren't bad at a distance.
Post a Comment