Wednesday, August 6, 2008

because mommy says so


Rex finally got some training wheels on his little bike. He LOVES his bike and can name all the important elements...his helmet, tires, handlebars, wheels, pedals, etc. He sounds so grown up when he talks "bike." Anyway, so Bob spent one afternoon with him outside trying to teach him how to ride and he can't quite figure out the leg thing, he keeps pushing with both legs down instead of one at a time. So for now, the bike is a fixture in our living room and he pretty much just sits on it all day with his helmet on. We think he'll eventually figure it out when he's tired of not going anywhere!
Rex is also at the age where he asks, "Why?" to everything. It was so cute at first but now it's just seriously annoying....because it's like 100 why's in a row. So finally at the end of answering the 100 why's, I just say, "Because mommy says so." After he was already in bed tonight, I walked by his room and I heard him talking. So I went in there to make sure he was going to sleep and not playing, and I told him it was time to go night-night and he says, "Mommy says so." I guess he was too tired to ask why and he already knew the answer. He's so darn adorable...

5 comments:

larshannon said...

That is a pretty cute story. I wish because Mommy says so still worked on a 7 yr old.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Love that he has his hat under his helmet! What are you going to do when he can ride his bike, the house won't be big enough!!

Dianne said...

I love it! That is just too cute.

Brimaca said...

So smart. Those are big words to know about the bike. M still has a hard time pedaling a tricycle we haven't even tried a bike.

indeazgirl said...

He's so precious!