Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Visit From Kerrville








My parents came into town to see Charlie this weekend. They only could stay one day, but we enjoyed having them. My mom spent most of the day holding the baby and telling me to go and take a nap. I could hardly sleep with company though! My dad spent most of the Saturday in the kitchen making us Amish Friendship Bread. Apparently this is a new hobby of his and just loves it. He made us a loaf of banana, a loaf of chocolate, and two loaves of vanilla. We got a kick out of his new baking skills... and it's actually pretty good bread! Then he spent the rest of the day teaching Rex how to play golf. It was sad to see my parents go and I cried like a baby when they left...(I'm actually crying while typing this up -- I blame the post-partum hormones).
Here are a few pictures of the baby with his Grandma and some of Rex playing golf outside.

8 comments:

Bertie said...

How cute is Rex playing golf?? Oh my goodness!! That is tooooooo cute- and your dads shirt is classic!! LOL!!:)

Katie said...

For those who can't see, my dad's shirt says, "Big People are Hard to Kidnap." He has a unique sense of style!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

its the whole outfit..the US flag socks make it complete...he cracks me up!

Mel said...

I'm so glad your parents got to come. I'm glad they're coming back, when they can stay a little longer. By the way....if you stop the "eternal rose," you don't WANT to know the kind of pain you'll be in. WE LOVE THE ROSE..not the ACTUAL rose, but the re-gifting of the hideous thing. You should know we're only joking! :)

Morgan said...

I almost am crying because I'm laughing so hard looking at pictures of Dad- he is so ghetto. What is he doing dressed like that? I'm surprised he's not wearing boots with his shorts. Mom told me today you cried when she left-- poor Kit. It'll get better. I love you!

P.S. I can gaurantee mom would be angry if she saw that first picture you put up of her!! haha.

Josie said...

I'm sitting here crying just thinking about how much I'd like to try some of Chuck's Amish bread.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

new pics, please:)

indeazgirl said...

That bottom picture of Rex is priceless. Like put it in a photo contest priceless. It's been so long since I've seen your family! Tell 'em I say hi, k? And if it makes you feel better, sometimes I cry when my parents leave still. And I have no excuse!!