Thursday, February 21, 2008

A VERY long drive to Kerrville...

Ok, so #1, my parents got the internet...yippee! It's a new day for the Hopkins! It's been fun watching my dad try and use the internet. Last night I wasn't sure if I could take a Sudafed for my cold since I am nursing Charlie, so my mom asked my dad, who was sitting at the computer, to google it. He turned around and said, "How do you google something?" My mom just laughed and said, "Why don't you just let Katie do it." It was so funny....

#2. The drive to Kerrville was quite exciting. About 45 minutes into our trip, I looked in the rear view mirror because Rex started crying and he has throw up all over him and proceeds throwing up a few more times. So I pull over and get out of the car and try to get him stripped out of his clothes, while trying not to get hit by the semi trucks zooming by. Rex was screaming, Charlie woke up and started screaming, I got the nasty mess all over me and in my hair, the smell is making me sick to my stomach, and I am trying not to scream myself. Anyway, I stopped halfway in San Angelo at Bob's sister's house and tried to get most of it cleaned up. I was so embarrassed walking up to her house with my poor child in nothing but a diaper...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! It truly makes you appreciate the road trips that are dull and boring.. Rex seems to be feeling better though...

3 comments:

Bertie said...

Awww!! Poor Katie and Rex!! What a car ride!! I tried to talk my mom into "surprising" you guys up there, since you and Morgan are gonna be in K-ville, but I guess it will have to happen next time!

Mel said...

I'm SO sorry about the horrible trip. That's no fun. I hope you're having fun in Kerrville. You better be counting points!!!

indeazgirl said...

What a trip. Wow. This motherhood thing does do a number on road trips. Way to make it through, Katie!
Also, tell your parents good luck on this internet thing. :o) That's a big step.