Sunday, October 19, 2008
let the anxiety begin...
Bob left today after church for a week long Elk hunt in Colorado. That means it's me sleeping on the couch, with all the lights on, the tv on, and booby-traps by the doors for a week too. I am totally fine until about 9:00pm, when the boys are fast asleep and it's just me in our quiet house. I seriously might need medication. I know mentally that everything will be fine and that nothing is going to happen, but I just can't stop thinking crazy thoughts and the worst possible things that could happen. My sister called me this afternoon and all she had to say was hi and all the tears came aflowin'... I think it's ridiculous that a 28 year old with two children can't handle a week alone in her own house! Aren't there millions of women and single moms all over the world who do this every single day? Anyhoo, that being said, let the anxiety begin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
katie... i admit it... i still sleep with nightlights... but i got a great security system... it's called a 38 Special... :)
Carianne's husband, Carl, is in Colorado for the Elk hunt, too. He goes every year. Cari is a basket case. Maybe you two should get together. :) All I have to say is, we lived in Colorado for 2 years and Andy never did the hunt. Weird!
We are definitely sisters. I am anxiety ridden for you, and I'm not home alone. You can call me everynight and I'll stay on the phone with you until you are asleep. :) Worked last night, right? You'll do good!~
Why didn't you head down to Kerrville? That could have been a fun little week for you, right?
i get the same way when richie is out of town. i'm glad i'm not the only one!
Poor Katie. So that is where Morgan gets it. I could just see you setting traps like that kid in Home Alone by your door! I love it. Hang in there.
Katie, I am soooo sorry. From the sounds of the other posts I think that this anxiety sickness is somewhat of a girl thing. I will say prayers for you and good luck. I am curious why you didn't head to Kerrville???
I could not handle if Ben left for a whole week. He used to work graveyard shifts sometimes, and I once woke up Ben's brother at 3 a.m. to come over with his gun because I was freakin' out. Who's the crazy one now?
We just got back from Dallas, call if you need anything help this week.
Daniel has been commuting back and forth to Louisiana, just getting to come home for Saturday, and every time he goes down there for a meeting or anything, the wheels in my head start spinning, and I start trying to figure out what I'm going to do if he's in a car accident or something and dies. Where would I live? What would I do for work? etc. Morbid, huh?
I also relax with the kids on the "sleep in your own bed the whole night" rule, just letting them stay in with me instead of sending them back to their own rooms. You'll get through it--just get some good movies and a blanket and sleep on the couch. :)
I have had to call Margaret to stay the night with me when Jason was gone. I had some serious panic attacks and it helped to have her there. You are not alone, we are all a little crazy. I think it is just a little scary being the "protector" when they are away. I NEVER had that problem sleeping alone before I had kids.
Must be a Texas thing...we have a gun, too! I pity the fool who breaks into my house.
Lance just left today for the week...I might be calling you because I am the same way. I won't get an ounce of sleep this week!
I think I've lived alone for too long. I still am delusional enough to think I can kick anyone's trash who TRIES to get me...
Post a Comment